Becoming Accredited in Public Relations is the gold standard for PR. To facilitate the process, the Public Relations Society of America offers APR Boot Camp is a four-day intensive course for candidates to prepare and advance though the Readiness Review™ and take the computer-based Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication (APR+M). This course is designed to provide a setting that will meet the needs of busy professionals whose schedules don’t permit extensive preparation time.
• For APR, candidate must be a member of PRSA and/or a Universal Accreditation Board participating organization.
• For APR+M, candidates must be either (1) military personnel (active or reserve) or DoD civilian employees whose primary responsibilities lie in military communication-related fields or (2) DOD military contractors, who are members of a UAB participating organization and whose primary responsibilities lie in military communication-related fields.
• Approved APR application (or APR+M application) and the Examination fee of $385 received by PRSA National by the registration deadline.
• Seminar registration form and applicable registration fee received by the deadline (one month in advance required to clear Prometric authorization).
• Download and complete the APR Readiness Review Questionnaire or APR+M Readiness Review Questionnaire. Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Your questionnaire will be provided to the Readiness Review panelists for familiarization of your background and expertise in the public relations profession. Note: there will be no opportunities to change this Questionnaire once it is submitted.
• Must have portfolio items assembled but not necessarily finalized.
• Must bring own laptop.
If you are interested in the April 2013 session, email email@example.com.